The objectives are:
- Empower patients by broadly promoting patient education and involvement;
- organise educational training and events;
- raise awareness about the EUPATI project and its results at a national level;
- disseminate EUPATI educational and training material to patients and to the general public;
- grow the EUPATI network nationally and stimulate patients to get involved in EUPATI activities;
- foster national debate on patient involvement in medicines research and development;
- establish the National Platform as a sustainable partnership, and a key interlocutor for government when developing relevant health research legislation, policy and practice.